I unfortunately wasn’t able to watch the game live and had to DVR it. Which led to me finding out the score ahead of time. Oh well, at least I knew we won…
Goals were as follows:
Detroit – Nicklas Lidstrom (pp; Williams, Zetterberg); Draper (Maltby, Ericsson); Franzen (pp; Holmstrom, Datsyuk)
Chicago – Patrick Sharp (Versteeg, Seabrook); Kris Versteeg (pp; Sharp, Barker)
- Which, I have to say, made that 5-3 much less nerve-wracking. At least a little. Let’s just say that was a reaffirming moment for special teams.
- Kronwall had a solid game, as did Stuart. According to the boxscore Kronner had 2 blocked shots, but he was great on that 5-3 PK.
- Ozzie looked pretty good, out on top of the crease and challenging shots.
- I really hope Ericsson isn’t hurt too badly. Really unfortunate that he got hit in the same foot as in Sweden.
- I know it’s kind of a subjective stat, but Detroit had 18 giveaways?? Chicago had 16.
- Detroit got outshot 34-23.
- Loved seeing Bertuzzi and Williams buying into the Red Wings way and making an effort to backcheck and be defensive.
- That goal by Draper was a helluva shot. Looked like it went straight through Huet.
- Great to see Lidstrom get point number 998. Here’s to hoping he hits 1000 soon.
- Unsurprised to see Brad May get into a fight. What was surprising was how articulate he was in the intermission interview. He was clear, succinct, and most importantly, doesn’t mumble! (I’m looking at you, Dan Cleary).